A humble attempt to highlight some of the many spiritual realities that are embedded in the various passages of the book: “Prayers and Meditations by Baha’u’llah’.

Highlighted excerpts are cross-referenced to the Roman numerals of the original passages.

April 5, 2019

VI. “Successive afflictions” and “incessant trials” prevented Baha’u’llah from “laying bare that which is hidden” from our eyes

Praise he to Thee, O Lord my God! I swear by Thy might! Successive afflictions have withheld the pen of the Most High from laying bare that which is hidden from the eyes of Thy creatures, and incessant trials have hindered the tongue of the Divine Ordainer from proclaiming the wonders of Thy glorification and praise. With a stammering tongue, therefore, I call upon Thee, O my God, and with this my afflicted pen I occupy myself in remembrance of Thy name.- -
- Baha’u’llah